Earning my money where my mouth is
Over the years on this blog I have banged on about some topics with some regularity:
- Service design and in particular public sector service design
- Techniques such as Mapping, Blueprinting, Frameworks – and just a love of the process
- What inspires me especially where design is about making meaning and making a difference to people; Design that matters.
So, it is with great excitement that I announce I am now a Principal at Design Managers Australia (DMA). DMA has been around since 2003, headed up by the design-talented, raconteurish, cycle-loving, connected-connector and motivational do-er Justin Barrie. We worked together during 2011 and the kindred-design-ship just plain stuck!
What matters to DMA is:
- Making a difference to people’s lives through services that may or may not even be noticed by them – for all the right reasons
- Creating change that is needed and that makes things better
- Bringing together a range of voices and disciplines who can make things happen – not just talk about it, but do it
Which is a pretty good match to what matters to me. It means I now have a design collaborator in my desire to practice service design, and make a difference at community, government, and private sector levels and at design-specialist level.
And I can do cool things like this to celebrate!
PS: The above pic is full of Canberran and Wellingtonian landmarks. The reference to ‘cool!’ in the tagline is a reference to our common adjectival refrain ; )
PPS: I’ll still be blogging here, but I’ll also be blogging at DMA: We Think able to talk about real case studies and our practical service design experiences.